Don’t Skip Your Furnace Maintenance
A furnace is crucial to comfort in St. Louis, yet it is often ignored when it comes to home maintenance. Usually your furnace is in a basement, closet or other low traffic area of your home, making it easy to overlook.
To avoid costly, inconvenient, and possibly dangerous emergency repairs, you should always remember your regular furnace maintenance tasks, as well as your annual clean and check. The last thing you want is for your furnace to stop working in the middle of winter.
Why is furnace maintenance so important?
- If you do not properly maintain your furnace, you risk the safety and the integrity of your home.
- You may end up with a natural gas or carbon monoxide leak.
- Hot water can leak from boilers and cause costly damage.
- Dirty or clogged air filters, pilot lights, burners, and the like cause a furnace to run less efficiently and will eventually cause your furnace to stop working all together.
- Those same dirty or clogged filters will also cause higher energy bills.
- If your furnace breaks, it can cause further damage in the form of possible frozen pipes.
- Your warranty can void if you don’t follow the recommended inspection schedule.
What do technicians do during a furnace inspection?
- Check gas pressure for proper combustion, to be sure it follows all of the manufacturer’s guidelines.
- Check the burners, pilot light, hot-surface ignitors, and flame sensors.
- Inspect the heat exchanger, wiring, and burners for rust and corrosion.
- Clean out air intake grills.
- Check, clean, or replace filters.
- Check and clean the blower motor.
- Check for blockage and air flow throughout your ventilation system.
Call AL-DON today to schedule your annual furnace maintenance appointment or request service online.
Need HVAC Service?
Contact the experts!
AL-DON services St. Louis, Creve Coeur, St. Charles, Balein, Chesterfield, Clayton, Des Peres, Frontenac, Glencoe, Kirkwood, Ladue, O'Fallon, Olivette, Richmond Heights, St. Peters, Town and Country, University City, Webster Groves, Wildwood and the surrounding Missouri communities with their heating, air conditioning and indoor air quality needs. Visit our service area page for more coverage details, call us at 314-567-5585 or request service online today.